Ultra Energy engineers innovative technology used by customers in extreme nuclear and industrial environments. Our sites in Texas, US, and Dorset, UK, are at the heart of our success. They are cutting edge design and manufacturing facilities, easily accessible for customers and allowing for expansion as we grow.
Young people play an essential role in our ongoing success. By joining us, you'll apply your educational achievements and natural talents to solving our customers' challenges, learning essential skills that will form the foundation of a great career. Through rotations across our teams, you'll gain broad experience, with your line manager providing coaching and mentoring to help you make the most of the opportunities.
We're seeking candidates with a passion for engineering and a mind set to match: quick and willing to learn new technologies, with a ‘can do’ approach to problem solving. Candidates will demonstrate the motivation to meet or exceed expected standards in sometimes challenging circumstances. You'll need to be able to communicate at all levels within the business, have good time management skills and work well as part of a team, sharing knowledge with colleagues and demonstrating enthusiasm for developing your skills.
Our Wimborne office in the UK offers great opportunities to young people. If you're in education and looking for work experience or preparing to leave education and seeking the first step in your career, we'd love to hear from you.
We need just a few things from you:
- You should be passionate about engineering and problem solving!
- You need to be able to obtain security clearance and therefore must have a minimum of five years permanent UK residency
- Apprenticeships includes some travel to Southampton so you need to be able to make that journey
If you're currently in education and would like to know if a career at the cutting edge of engineering could be for you, why not come and experience a week at our Wimborne facility? We're always happy to discuss work experience with young people. Please get in touch using the forms on this page.
- Roles: mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, engineering and software
- Contract: Level 3 is four years and Level 4 is three years
- Location: Wimborne
- Application deadline: rolling recruitment so apply now
- Education: Level 3 requires a minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent at level 5 (C) and above including English, science and mathematics, with Level 4 requiring A levels, T levels or BTEC
- Roles: electronic, software, mechanical, physics and nuclear engineering disciplines
- Contract: two years, including placement opportunities
- Location: Wimborne
- Application deadline: rolling recruitment so we’d love to hear from you today
- Education: a degree at 2:1 or higher in an electrical, electronic, mechanical, systems engineering, physics or nuclear discipline